What we do with your data?
Age UK Lambeth needs to obtain and process information about our clients to allow us to manage your support, organise events, and to carry out other essential activities.
In our fundraising activities, Age UK Lambeth utilises information about supporters and potential supporters of the charity.
The information we collect is used fairly, stored safely and not disclosed to any other person unlawfully. To do this, we comply with the Data Protection Principles that are set out in the Data Protection Act 1998.
Personal information is held on a secure database. The database holds several types of information (see list below). Please note that the database does not include all information types for all individuals. The vast majority of information that is held on the database has been provided to the Charity by the individual concerned, or relates to the individual’s interactions with the Charity. (e.g. records of attendance at events). In some cases, this is supplemented with information from other sources (for more detail please see ‘Information sources’ below).
For most individuals whose details are held in the database, the personal information is limited to:
- Personal details – title, name, gender preference, date of birth and, where appropriate, familial relationships. We also record date of death, if applicable and if known;
- Contact details – postal address(es), email address(es), telephone number(s);
- Job title, employer and work contact details (where these have been provided, for example to the Information and Advice team)
- Records of attendance at Age UK Lambeth events and participation in volunteering activity;
- Records of meetings, phone calls and/or correspondence with the Charity
- Record of any donations made to the charity
The information held on the database comes from a number of sources as follows:
- Information about clients or supporters given to us directly by the person themselves.
- Information about clients or supporters given to us from a referring agency.
- Information about attendance of Age UK Lambeth events and participation in volunteering is collected by the Charity through the administration of these activities
- If a supporter has utilised an online fundraising platform such as JustGiving to raise funds for the Charity, the online platform will pass to the Charity the name of the supporter, their contact details, the gift amount(s) and Gift Aid status. Details of those individuals who sponsored the supporter are not passed to the Charity
The Charity does not share personal information with any third parties for their purposes, and would never sell, trade or give away personal details to any other organisation. The Charity may disclose information to other recipients when required to do so by law (e.g. when served with a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime).
How to access personal information
Individuals have the right of access to their personal information held by the Charity and may request a copy of all information held about them by emailing the address below. Please note that applicants are required to provide satisfactory proof of identity.
If you have questions about the way in which the Charity handles personal information, in the first instance, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org